Police check prices
Our best police check price. Fast and easy online application.
Launch prices. Limited time offer
Employment police check
- 100% online application
- 70% of checks are completed in real-time*.
- Secure and easy
- ACIC Accredited
- For employment, licensing, rental and personal purposes
Volunteer police check
- 100% online application
- Fast and easy
- ACIC Accredited
- Only for non-paid jobs or positions within the voluntary sector
If you have any questions please contact us
Police check for businesses
Built with the latest technology. Easy to use. Full support provided.
Backy Check offers multiple solutions that help your business process police checks, background checks, reference checks, VEVO checks, online identity checks and screening services quickly and efficiently.
Just a few of our business features
Nobody likes fees, including us. Pay only for what you need, when you need it.
Real time updates
Review the status of a check in real time. Real time KPI tracking against our service standard for processing times.
Dashboards and reports
Multiple dashboards and reports including ones that show your orders in-progress, order history, applicant performance and much more.
Customer's ticketing system on portal
Easily submit support tickets directly in the portal.
Monthly online invoice
Invoices are in the portal, and can be easily accessed. A list of past, paid and open invoices can be seen in your portal's dashboard.
Automated follow ups
We know you don’t have time to wait. Get automated follow ups to applicants or referees who don’t respond.
Australia-wide police checks
A Backy Check Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check is trusted and valid in all Australian states and territories.
Your police check certificate - also known as a criminal history check, police clearance or criminal record check - can be used in:
How to apply for police check
Purchase your check
You can select a single check or multiple checks. Discounts available.
Complete your application
Access your dashboard and complete a single application online for all your checks.
Receive your checks
You will receive a notification as soon as your order is ready!
ID documents needed for a police check
ACIC requires you to provide 4 documents from the 3 categories listed below:
- ONE Commencement of ID Document
- ONE Primary Use in the Community Document
- TWO Secondary Use in the Community Documents
In all instances, the combination of identity documents must contain at minimum your full name, date of birth and a photograph, and must not be expired.
If you have provided identity documents using a former name, such as a maiden name, you must provide evidence of the name change in addition to the four identity documents.
The nature of the documents in each of the categories is summarised below:
Where the names that appear on any of the identity documents differ, the following documentation must be provided to demonstrate a link between the differing names on the identity documents:
- an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages issued change of name certificate; or
- an Australian marriage certificate issued by a State or Territory. Church or celebrant-issued certificates will not be accepted.
Commencement of ID
ONE (1) is required
- Australian Birth Certificate or authorised record of birth (not an extract or birth card);
- Immigration record or document, including:
- an Australian Citizenship Certificate;
- an Australian visa (supported by a foreign passport, which is needed for verification) current at the time of entry into Australia as a resident or tourist. This can also be accessed through the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system delivered by the Department of Home Affairs; and
- an ImmiCard issued by the Department of Home Affairs to assist visa holders to provide evidence of their Commencement of Identity in Australia; and
- A current Australian Passport, not expired.
Primary Use in Community Document
ONE (1) is required
- Australian passport not expired (including Ordinary, Frequent traveller, Diplomatic, Official and Emergency)
- an Australian driver licence, learner permit or provisional licence issued by a State or Territory, showing signature and/or photo;
- ImmiCard issued by the Department of Home Affairs to assist visa holders to provide evidence of their Commencement of Identity in Australia;
- a passport issued by a country other than Australia with a valid visa or valid entry stamp or equivalent;
- a proof of age or photo identity card issued by an Australian government agency which shows the name, date of birth, photo and signature of the individual; and
- for persons aged under 18 years with no other Primary Use in Community Documents, a student identity document issued by an Australian government agency or Australian school only.
Secondary Use in Community Document
TWO (2) are required
- DFAT issued Certificate of Identity;
- DFAT issued Document of Identity;
- DFAT issued United Nations Convention Travel Document Secondary;
- Foreign government issued documents (e.g. driver licences). Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a NAATI accredited translation;
- Medicare card;
- Enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission;
- Security Guard/Crowd Control photo licence;
- Evidence of right to a government benefit (DVA or Centrelink);
- Consular photo identity card issued by DFAT;
- Police Force Officer photo identity card;
- Australian Defence Force photo identity card;
- Commonwealth or state/territory government photo identity card (this may take the form of a Working with Children or Vulnerable People Card or a government issued occupational licence);
- Aviation security identification card;
- Maritime security identification card;
- Firearms licence;
- Australian secondary or tertiary student photo identity document;
- Certified academic transcript from an Australian university;
- Trusted referees report;
- Bank card, credit card (without recording the payment card number/s); and
- Tax File Number.
Police check special deals
Backy Check offers a special price for volunteers in Australia. A Backy Check Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check is trusted and valid in all Australian states and territories. We value our volunteers who help our community [...]
Bundle your police check with other services and save.
We offer different discounts when you purchase multiple checks.
Check out a few examples below!
Discounts are automatically applied at the checkout
Monthly credit report and credit score updates.
Full Australian police check plus a global online identity check.
Check for fraud or identity theft nationally and globally.
Police check Australia. Apply online in 3 easy steps.
A video which briefly touches few points. Firstly, how to apply online for your police check. Then talks about the police check categories, how the new new police check doesn't require the Applicant's to specify if she/he is in contact with vulnerable people. Finally, it talks about data security.
With Backy Check, you can apply for a National police check anywhere on any device.
70% of the police checks are delivered within hours from the submission.
30% within 10 business days
The application process is easy, intuitive, and straightforward.
A national police check delivered by Backy Check can be used for:
- Probity - such as volunteering, foster parenting, student’s placement, renting or leasing; and
- Licensing purposes
You are not required to specify if you are in contact with vulnerable groups.
Your data security is our top priority and we have employed the most advanced and secure cloud infrastructure to protect you and your privacy.
To apply is easy
- Go on BackyCheck.com.au and buy the checks you need.
- Login into Backy portal and complete your application. You will be required to verify your identity by uploading 4 identity documents. You can use your mobile phone to take and upload images of your documents.
- Download your check results. You will receive a notification when the order is ready.
A Backy data officer assigned to your case will look after your request all the way through.
Apply for your Police Check now at BackyCheck.com.au
AMICI Tech is an ACIC accredited criminal history provider. Backy Check is the commercial arm of AMICI Tech and it promotes background check services. AMICI Tech is accredited under Contract to access the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) through the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission. Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission is a registered trade mark of the Commonwealth of Australia. Find out more at acic.gov.au .
100% Australia owned and run.
All our people, resources, servers, every bit of data are in Australia
*70% of all checks submitted to the Service are completed and returned to all accredited bodies immediately. Approximately 30% of checks may be referred to one or more police agencies and can take longer than 10 business days to be returned due to the manual nature of this process