Keep a monthly watch on your credit report for any changes that can be linked to fraudulent activity.
Monitor your credit score and credit profile
12 x Experian Credit Reports (one every month). 12 x Experian Credit Score.
Protect your identity
Check for early signs of potential identity theft or fraud.
Improve your credit reputation
Enhance your knowledge of credit and identity and how it impacts you.
Access to deals
Review different deals that suits you.
Benefits of using us for your Credit Report
Real time tracking
Track the status of your credit report in real-time. Only get email notifications when an action is required.
How it works
Select credit monitoring
At the checkout, select credit monitoring.
Complete the purchase
You will have access to your own dashboard to upload required documents.
View your checks!
You will receive a notification once your checks are ready.
Credit Monitoring FAQ
How does credit monitoring work?
Credit monitoring keeps a monthly watch on your credit report for any changes that can be linked to fraudulent activity.
It works by sending you a full credit report where you can check suspicious activity or changes in your credit, making it easy for you to stay on top of your personal and financial information.
What is the best way to monitor my credit?
Go to Backy Check website at backycheck.com.au/background-check-services
- Select "Credit monitoring".
- Complete your purchase, and you will receive a link where you can complete the request online by verifying your identity online and uploading your documents.
- You will start receving your full credit reports and having access to your dashboard.
Why do I need credit monitoring?
Credit monitoring can help you spot inaccuracies in your credit report that could be the result of identity theft and negatively affect your score. Such negative impacts to your credit could lead to higher interest rates and even a credit card or loan rejection. Keeping track of the changes in your report can give you enough time to repair any issues that might be a factor when applying for new credit.
Monitoring your credit can help you better prepare for any planned big purchases and avoid surprises when you go to apply. Generally, it’s recommended to monitor your credit for at least three months before getting a mortgage or any large purchase. That way, you can ensure everything is in order and see what improvements you can make. It's also a good idea to check your credit after your large purchase to verify the accuracy and know the impacts to your credit.
How do I monitor my credit report for identity theft?
Please read this comprehensive explanation on identity theft. Some of the signs to watch are:
- Items have appeared on your bank or credit card statements that you don’t recognise.
- You applied for a government benefit but are told that you are already claiming.
- You receive bills, invoices or receipts addressed to you for goods or services you haven't asked for.
- You have been refused a financial service, such as a credit card or a loan, despite having a good credit history.
- A mobile phone contract has been set up in your name without your knowledge.
- You have received letters from solicitors or debt collectors for debts that aren't yours.
- You don’t receive letters or emails you were receiving before.
- You receive unusual emails.
- Increase in suspicious phone calls, texts or messages through social platforms.
Backy Check teamed up with Experian, one of Australia's official credit reporting bodies and worldwide leader, to provide you with access to your Experian score and credit file information.
100% Australia owned and run.
All our people, resources, servers, every bit of data are in Australia