Get an accredited police check in Victoria (VIC)
Backy Check provides australians with police checks in Victoria, VIC. Our police checks are valid Australia-wide and are accredited police background check clearances. Therefore, it is a valid Police check in VIC, Victoria, as well.
We are accredited body of ACIC (Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission).
Our police checks are available online to anyone in Australia or any australian business.
Because Backy Check issues police checks through a 100% online process and has the most advanced technology we can provide super fast turnaround times, most police clearance certificates are provided within 24 hours.
It takes no time to confirm your identity through our ID verification technology.
Police check prices
Our best police check price. Fast and easy online application.
Employment police check
- 100% online application
- 70% of checks are completed in real-time.
- Secure and easy
- ACIC Accredited
- For employment, licensing, rental and personal purposes
Volunteer police check
- 100% online application
- Fast and easy
- ACIC Accredited
- Only for non-paid jobs or positions within the voluntary sector
If you have any questions please contact us
Police check for businesses in VIC
Built with the latest technology. Easy to use. Full support provided.
Backy Check offers multiple solutions that help your business process police checks, background checks, reference checks, VEVO checks, online identity checks and screening services quickly and efficiently.
Whether you are in Victoria (VIC) or in any other Australian State or Territory, our police checks can be done online, and are valid and available in all Australia.
We can help businesses looking to perform their own background checks on employees, external contract workers and personnel. Backy Check can provide business with their need for secure background checks.
Just a few of our business features
Nobody likes fees, including us. Pay only for what you need, when you need it.
Real time updates
Review the status of a check in real time. Real time KPI tracking against our service standard for processing times.
Dashboards and reports
Multiple dashboards and reports including ones that show your orders in-progress, order history, applicant performance and much more.
Customer's ticketing system on portal
Easily submit support tickets directly in the portal.
Monthly online invoice
Invoices are in the portal, and can be easily accessed. A list of past, paid and open invoices can be seen in your portal's dashboard.
Automated follow ups
We know you don’t have time to wait. Get automated follow ups to applicants or referees who don’t respond.
Australia-wide police checking
A Backy Check National Police Check is trusted and valid in all Australian states and territories.
Your police check certificate - also known as a criminal history check, police clearance or criminal record check - can be used in:
How to obtain your police check in Victoria
Purchase your check
You can select a single check or multiple checks. Discounts available.
Complete your application
Access your dashboard and complete a single application online for all your checks.
Receive your checks
You will receive a notification as soon as your order is ready!
ID documents needed for a police check
ACIC requires you to provide 4 documents from the 3 categories listed below:
- ONE Commencement of ID Document
- ONE Primary Use in the Community Document
- TWO Secondary Use in the Community Documents
In all instances, the combination of identity documents must contain at minimum your full name, date of birth and a photograph.
If you have provided identity documents using a former name, such as a maiden name, you must provide evidence of the name change in addition to the four identity documents.
The nature of the documents in each of the categories is summarised below:
Commencement of ID
ONE (1) is required
- Full Australian birth certificate (not an extract or birth card)
- Current Australian passport (not expired) (P)
- Australian visa current at time of entry to Australia as a resident or tourist
- ImmiCard issued by Department of Home Affairs (previously the Department of Immigration and Border Protection) that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or migration status and enrol in services (P)
- Certificate of identity issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia
- Document of identity issued by DFAT to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes (P)
- Certificate of evidence of resident status.
Primary Use in Community Document
ONE (1) is required
- Current Australian driver’s licence, learner permit or provisional licence issued by a state or territory, showing a signature and/or photo and the same name as claimed (P)
- Australian marriage certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted)
- Current passport issued by a country other than Australia with a valid entry stamp or visa (P)
- Current proof of age or photo identity card issued by an Australian Government agency in the name of the applicant, with a signature and photo
- Current shooters or firearms licence showing a signature and photo (not minor or junior permit or licence) (P)
- For persons under 18 years of age with no other Primary Use in Community Documents, a current student identification card with a signature or photo (P)
Secondary Use in Community Document
TWO (2) are required
- Certificate of identity issued by DFAT
- Document of identity issued by DFAT (P)
- Convention travel document secondary (United Nations) issued by DFAT (P)
- Foreign government issued documents - for example, driver’s licence (P)
- Medicare card
- Enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission
- Security guard or crowd control photo licence (P)
- Evidence of right to an Australian government benefit - Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs (P)
- Consular photo identity card issued by DFAT (P)
- Photo identity card issued to an officer by a police force (P)
- Photo identity card issued by the Australian Defence Force (P)
- Photo identity card issued by the Australian Government or a state or territory government (P)
- Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) (P)
- Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC) (P)
- Credit reference check
- Australian tertiary student photo identity document (P)
- Certified academic transcript from an Australian university
- Trusted referees report
- Bank card
- Credit card
VIC, Victoria Police Check special deals
Backy Check offers a special price for volunteers in Australia and Victoria. A Backy Check National Police Check is trusted and valid in all Australian states and territories. We value our volunteers who help our community [...]
Backy Check values our healthcare force and we want to show our support with special discounts. The police check is valid in Victoria and Australia.
AMICI Tech is an ACIC accredited criminal history provider. Backy Check is the commercial arm of AMICI Tech and it promotes background check services. AMICI Tech is accredited under Contract to access the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) through the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission. Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission is a registered trade mark of the Commonwealth of Australia. Find out more at acic.gov.au .
100% Australia owned and run.
All our people, resources, servers, every bit of data are in Australia.